Barcelona Internacional Guitar Contest Miquel Llobet | II edition 2021 | COMPOSITION
After the great success of participation in the first edition of the Llobet Contest in composition, we once again make a new call and we invite you to the second edition for creatives in musical writing on the guitar instrument.
The winning composition will form part of the selection of works chosen for the next edition of the interpretation contest that the registered participants will develop in the contest and that the winner will record professionally, forming part of the future musical catalog of the Llobet Contest for international dissemination.
We hope to contribute in this new stage in the creation of musical writing, descriptive control of the pulsations and enrich the highest sensory capacities that are surely to be discovered within the instrument.
1) Iberamerik Concert Association, organizer of the Barcelona International Guitar Contest Miquel Llobet, announces the 2nd edition in Composition for Classic Guitar.
2) The contest is open to any composer of any age and nationality, provided that they were not awarded the first prize in any previous edition of the contest, or with the second prize in one of the last two editions.
3) The composition needs to be original and unpublished and it shouldn’t have been awarded any prize in any previous contest. Also, the composition shouldn’t have been premiered, published on the web, played or broadcasted in the radio or recorded on any support.
4) The composition must be written for classic guitar (any electroacustic mean, or external devices are not allowed) and it must last between 3 and 6 minutes.
5) The Jury will be composed by three well renowned international members and it will be formed by a guitar player, a composer and a composer-guitar player.
6) Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules. The decision of the jury will be final. The jury will give the exclusive interpretation of the rules.
7) The compositions must be sent between March 1st and June 1st of 2021. The Compositions sent before and after these dates will be excluded.
8) The compositions will be sent to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org together with the following documents:
a) File in a pdf format with the title and a nickname.
b) File in a pdf format with the title and a nickname an the identity of the composer (name and surnames).
c) File text or pdf format with a brief artistic biography, address, age and nationality of the composer.
d) File in a jpg format of a recent picture of the composer.
e) A sworn and signed declaration stating that the composition is unpublished, is an original, hasn’t been made public, nor discographically recorded.
f) A recording is not necessary, but a midi or Finale version of the composition will be positively valued.
9) A 15€ inscription fee will have to be sent via bank transfer to (CAIXABANK IBAN ES71 2100 5516 8121 0016 5290 SWIFT: CAIXESBB) or Paypal (email@example.com). Name/nickname and title of the composition are required.
10) The following prizes will be issued:
a) First Prize: 1,000 euros and Honorary Certificate. Premiere and recording of the composition during this edition of the Art Llobet Festival. The composition will be included as a compulsory piece in the Semifinal of the following edition of the Llobet Contest in Interpretation.
b) Second Prize: 500 euros and Honorary Certificate.
11) Taxes will be applied on the prizes according to the law.
12) The Jury might award a Special Mention, which will be issued with a Honorary Certificate.
13) The Jury might not issue the prize if they don’t think that the quality of the compositions is not good enough or if they fail to fulfill any of the previously mentioned requirements.
14) The decision of the Jury will take place on Friday July 2nd of 2021 and on that same day the names of the members of the Jury will be made public.
15) The winner of the First Prize will commit not to make use of any kind of copyrights about his awarded work until the following Llobet Contest is finished, so that the composition can be included freely in the Interpretation contest withouth any prejudice or charges on the contestants.
16) The winners are not required the assistance to the premiere or to the contest of interpretation. If they decide to attend the organization will not pay for the travel costs, however it will ease accommodation for at least one night.
With the support of
WORK: CANCIÓN PRIMERA
WORK: ALBA NOVA
WORK: LAZ BABUG